[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - A little daily humor

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A little daily humor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:48 pm 
I used to play Asheron's Call (Ac) well over a year and a half ago. I copied this story from a now dead web sight. I hope you all enjoy it. Its a bit long I hope it doesn't use up too much space :lol:

Daily Dose of Humor...
If this wasn't so damned sad it would be hilarious but all in all it’s funny. Although not AC related it kind of makes you wonder who we have in charge of our stores:

On my way home from the second job I've taken for the extra holiday cash I need, I stop at Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat. In my billfold is a $50 bill and a $2 bill. I figure that with a $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not have to worry about people getting pissed at me for trying to break a large bill.

ME: "Hi, I'd like one seven layer burrito please, to go."
IT: "Is that it?"
ME: "Yep."
IT: "That'll be $1.04, eat here?"
ME: "No, it's to go." [I hate effort duplication.]

At this point I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny and

IT: "Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back."

He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within earshot. The following conversation occurs between the two of them.

IT: "Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?"
MG: "No. A what?"
IT: "A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me."
MG: "Ask for something else, there's no such thing as a $2 bill." [my emp]
IT: "Yeah, thought so."

He comes back to me and says

IT: "We don't take these. Do you have anything else?"
ME: "Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills? Why?"
IT: "I don't know."
ME: "See here where it says legal tender?"
IT: "Yeah."
ME: "So, shouldn't you take it?"
IT: "Well, hang on a sec."

He goes back to his manager who is watching me like I'm going to shoplift, and

IT: "He says I have to take it."
MG: "Doesn't he have anything else?"
IT: "Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can open the safe and get change."
MG: "I'm not opening the safe with him in here." [my emp]
IT: "What should I do?"
MG: "Tell him to come back later when he has real money."
IT: "I can't tell him that, you tell him."
MG: "Just tell him."
IT: "No way, this is weird, I'm going in back."

The manager approaches me and says

MG: "Sorry, we don't take big bills this time of night." [it was 8pm and this particular Taco Bell is in a well lighted indoor mall with 100 other stores.]
ME: "Well, here's a two."
MG: "We don't take those either."
ME: "Why the hell not?"
MG: "I think you know why."
ME: "No really, tell me, why?"
MG: "Please leave before I call mall security."
ME: "Excuse me?"
MG: "Please leave before I call mall security."
ME: "What the hell for?"
MG: "Please, sir."
ME: "Uh, go ahead, call them."
MG: "Would you please just leave?"
ME: "No."
MG: "Fine, have it your way then."
ME: "No, that's Burger King, isn't it?"

At this point he backs away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner. I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect. A few minutes later this 45 year oldish guy comes in and says [at the other end of counter, in a whisper]

SG: "Yeah, Mike, what's up?"
MG: "This guy is trying to give me some [pause] funny money."
SG: "Really? What?"
MG: "Get this, a two dollar bill."
SG: "Why would a guy fake a $2 bill?" [incredulous]
MG: "I don't know? He's kinda weird. Says the only other thing he has is a fifty."
SG: "So, the fifty's fake?"
MG: "No, the $2 is."
SG: "Why would he fake a $2 bill?"
MG: "I don't know. Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?"
SG: "Yeah..."

Security Guard walks over to me and says

SG: "Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you're trying to use."
ME: "Uh, no."
SG: "Lemme see 'em."
ME: "Why?"
SG: "Do you want me to get the cops in here?"

At this point I am ready to say, "SURE, PLEASE," but I want to eat, so I say

ME: "I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this $2 bill."

I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I'm taking a swing at him. He takes the bill, turns it over a few times in his hands, and says

SG: "Mike, what's wrong with this bill?"
MG: "It's fake."
SG: "It doesn't look fake to me."
MG: "But it's a $2 bill."
SG: "Yeah?"
MG: "Well, there's no such thing, is there?"

The security guard and I both look at him like he's an idiot, and it dawns on the guy that he has no clue.
My burrito was free and he threw in a small drink and those cinnamon things, too. Makes me want to get a whole stack of $2 bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff. If I got the right group of people, I could probably end up in jail. At least you get free food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:36 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

:rofl:
no, that's not enough
:rofl: :rofl:

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:33 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Isn't it unfortunate that that is actually believable?

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:28 am 
Enforcer

Welcome to the wordl of fast food. hehehe

Just like going to the border between Canada and Detroit with a native New Mexico resident.... crossing the border on the way in from Canda and having the guard ask you "US Citizen?"

She replies "yes"

Guard "where are you from, What state"
Friend " New Mexico"

Guard " Oh, I thought you said you were from the US"

UM DUH /roll eyes

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:44 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Two things I'd like to say...

First off, i HAVE a stack of $2 bills...from what I can tell they have a whopping collectable value of about $2.05 each right now :)

And as for the world of fast food, let me tell you the HORROR of being a CHEESE hater in a CHEESEBURGER world.

Me(at Wendy's): I'll have a single with ketchup and pickles
Doofus running register hands me my single WITH CHEESE, ketchup and pickles
Me: Excuse me, you got my order wrong. I said a Single with ketchup and pickles
Doofus: Isn't that what you have?
Me: No. (pointing to the menu) See where you have *2* differently named sandwiches, one named "Single" and one named "Single WITH CHEESE"? There's a reason for that, don't you think?

This exact scenario has played out at Burger King (Whopper versus Whopper with cheese), McDonalds (Hamburger versus Cheeseburger; Sausage Biscuit with Egg versus Sausage McMuffin) and just about every other fast food chain.

No kidding...wendy's is the worst. At least one in 3 times I order, they put unasked for cheese on my hamburgers. I'm not asking for Rocket Scientists to man the registers, but at least know what the hell the names of your own sandwiches are.

Drexxell, cheesehater in a cheesy world

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:54 am 
Friend of WoV

Drexxell you are a lucky duck if they put cheese on your burgers without you asking....I am not ever that fortunate...if nothing else I will order the burger WITH cheese and am given the burger WITHOUT....and I LOVE cheese....hehehehe :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:40 am 
Banned

This conversation is getting a little too cheesey for me....

8)

- Att

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:57 am 
Enforcer

/em gets out the Whack-a-Pally stick and hides it behind her back

*come here Att, I have a surprise for you*

Nealyn Prae - 43rd level Druid (Ranger Wannabe)
Calithe - 47th level bardling (Never wanted to be a ranger)
Nessah - 37th Level Ranger Mezzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:31 am 
Friend of WoV

I knew it....I just KNEW this would pull the puns outta Attrael!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:42 am 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
Whew. Fortunately I had my shield of Pun Warding equipped so the damage to my sense of humor was mitigated.