[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - GoD flags

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GoD flags
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:30 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

any interest in trying for some GoD flags ? , i think these are hard and would need all of our lvl 65 s and not sure if this is above our skill or not :roll: so if anyone knows whats needed or anything about them please post , all i have heard is that you can do several small ones for a flag or skip them and just do the bigger one for the flag , i will try and look it up and find out what i can

Snowdark lvl 90 Dark Elf SK / 103 park circle , Elm woods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:24 pm 

Magelo: 0
I'm certainly interested in seeing some of this content. It sounds exciting and there are some good rewards. Unfortunately, it'll probably be a while before I'm geared/leveled to that point.

Gates of Discord is extremely high level. And by that I do actually mean upper elemental geared, preferably Time geared guilds. Folks that go farm Quarm are having an interesting time in the Discord zones.

These are beyond hard. Definately 65th level zones in the majority. Mobs are routinely 63+ with nasty abilities etc. Natimbi isn't too bad, but as you get to the 'Trials' / Sewers (1 group only for flagging) it gets hairy.

All of that info is 2nd hand as well, as I've not really been beyond the entry in Ferubi, mostly cause track was a nasty shade of crimson. There are no graveyards like in the planes either.

Biggest Quest is . Lots of information to absorb there ... several good writeups on it, I'll post when I see 'em again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:11 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

found this chart ,apparently the sewers are like really hard adv s that we might be able to do, but vxed and tipt are also needed for flag and prob. be above our skill to do :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:08 am 
Friend of WoV

I disagree Snow...NOTHING is beyond the skill of our players. I feel that our only hinderance is our Gear. But like I have said before, I remember the first time I ever heard about WoV going down to Chardok and getting Wiped Hard. 3 hour CR's are really nasty. But WoV was patient and persistent and now WoV owns Chardok hands down.

I agree with Tan about gear. Right now, I can gear Big Vae out and have him raid buffed for about 1300 AC and 7k HP. From what I have been told by Salyon, their Raid Tanks can buff to about 9/10k HP.

I myself would LOVE to spend TONS of time in the uppers zones getting great AAxp and having a blast, BUT I also want to see ToV, Akheva, SSRA, Sleeper's Tomb, Umbral Plains, places like these. Places I feel we could go as a Family, stomp some mobs into the dirt and walk away with some good drops and a swagger in our steps.

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:47 am 
Friend of WoV

Not sure if my 2 coppers work here, but here they are anyway. GoD is a pain in the tuckuss. Several reasons come to mind, but the top two being the bind spots are not helpful when in CR situations and CR's are hard to get done due to having to go through the zones in order to get to the zone in of where you need to be. The initial drops are not all that plentiful, although they are great drops. If someone were to ask me some advice on whether or not to tackle GoD yet, I would probably tell them to get your VT keys and farm VT to get everyones gear updated. Then have a go at GoD to see where you stack up against the beasties. If after VT gear, and it appears additional gear might be better suited, then strive towards becoming elemental geared. It will all take time, but all good things come in time. This guild has made great strides and I just want you to know, I am proud of you guys...keep going and aim high. You will get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:25 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

yes vae you are correct ,i didnt mean our raid skills i was thinking our gear.
example of what i meant, = i did two adv s one day ,1st with some elem equipped guys we had no chanter or cleric and won in 35 mins :grin: , 2nd group was the same classes but not as well equipped and we quit 35 mins in because by then we were on our 2nd CR :cry:
elem. equipped players with poor raid skills can own a mob or zone but that doesnt mean they are skilled players just there gear is that good, wov has owned some mobs and zones with non elem. equiped players that alone shows our raid skills 8)
sorry i didnt express myself better :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:43 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I say we hit Kael a few more times for faction and then start thinking about the halls of testing