[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Where do you want to go, when do you want to go there?

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:20 am 

Magelo: 0
The key to Veeshan's Peak requires as part of the key quest, . So ... we have to be able to do Trakanon, in quantity, to get keyed for VP at all.

Dragon Necropolis offers some components for several different Skyshrine quests, as well as being involved in the key to Sleepers Tomb.

Temple of Veeshan ... mmmm ... droppy goodness.

Of course, all of this is moot for me until I can get to 50+

Post subject: comments so far.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:21 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Heres a few comments on suggestions so far:

Sebilis, Traknons Lair: This would be to see how far we could get into lower Sebilis with the goal to be to reach the Big room where Traknon the Undead Dragon Spawns. Everyone in attendance would need to have a Sebilis Key which most of us have and would only take a few minutes to get for those without one.

Temple of Veeshan, Halls of Testing: This is located in Western Wastes and would require having very high fire & cold resists. Even more important would be to be at least Dubious with Claws of Veeshan faction. People KoS to CoV are more trouble then they are worth here and will not be welcome.

Howling Stones: Uncharted WoV territory, but should be doable and fun to explore. A rogue would be needed as several doors need to be picked. Everyone attending would need to have a Key. If you do not have a key then see me & I will help you get one.

Dragon Necropolis, Akhevia Ruins & Ssrahaza Temple: Both have been handled by us as far as zone in, but would be nice to explore both further. If we go deep into Akhevia then getting started on Vex Thal Keys is an option.

Kael & Umbral Plains: One group doable. We can do this any night, no need to make an event of it.

"New" Plane of Hate: I have heard nothing about the revisions. If anyone can post about them then please do. I heard they were live on Legends, but not sure about Veeshan.

Plane of Mischef: The entrance to PoM is located inside Temple of Veeshan at the back of one of the most dangerous areas. I would like to go too, but uh-uh, not happening for a while.

Veeshans Peak would be cool, but the 2 toughest parts of the Key are Traknon himself & Verdix Kylox Remains. Traknon is a 2 day spawn and drops 2-4 teeth per kill. Verdix is a random spawn in KC and seldom seen up. A major problem with VP too is that you can not port out. The only way to return is to reach the exit at the end of the zone. I'd sure like to see this zone someday, but I plan to be ally with Ring of Scale first.

Vektor - 95 Ranger, Scout Extraordinaire
Kahzbot - 97 Enchanter, Master Spell Researcher & Tinkerer
Kroger - 98 Rogue, Poison Maker, Tome Researcher, and Illusion Collector
Shazbon - 96 Shaman, Master Alchemist
Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:06 pm 
Friend of WoV

I have been in deep to Akheva and to Dragon Necropolis. Akheva has some Nice loots deep in, like the cool stick I got. My best memory of DN is hearing Iro. "Zoning in" "Running" "Zoning" All 30 seconds of his trip in :) On the otherhand, I died too, but I have pictures of the uber spirit dragon that killed me that I'm sure WoV is not stupid enough to try yet :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:24 pm 
Elder

How do you get Ally to Ring of Scale :?: I have hunted skyfire for quite a while and am probably very KoS.

Min

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:30 pm 
Wayfarer Emeritus

Killing nearly anything in Castle Mistmore gives RoS faction pluses.

Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:24 pm 
Friend of WoV

As i am probably the only one that has always had my eye on Veeshan's peak. I will just have to keep dreaming. Now back to work

Xabthik 40 monk
Slayinsongs 22 bard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:22 am 
Elder

I understand one of the things in tomorrow's patch is the ability to gate out of Veeshan Peak. :!:

Min

Post subject: VP
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:58 am 
Wayfarer Emeritus

I would like to reach Veeshans Peak too, but before thats possible we must be ablr to kill Traknon. Before Vex Thal we must kill Emperor Ssrahra. Before the emperor we must farm keys to his chamber. Reaching certain zones have a long process to them.

Vendding - 94 Magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:04 am 
Officer

As far as the question of where do we want to go? I'd like to say that it has been my personal experience that guilds hitting zones such as Temple of Veeshan or Veeshan's Peek or any of the other "top end dungeons" require a considerable investment of time and usually require the full resources and commitment of the guild doing it, meaning that the entire guild focused on these zones when they were hunting there. They usually went as a guild and stayed for extended periods hunting one of these particular zones. These are places requiring 30 or more people minimum, all 55 and up well equiped and willing to spend weeks camping same area. I"m not saying this is the only way to do it just that this is how I have seen it done and comparing it to turn outs like that on Plane of air where we averaged 20-27 over three days which is good but not 30-40. Remember planes were designed for 46-50 which was max at the time with some slight tweaking since compared to a zone designed for 55-60 such as TOV. Not trying to be overly negative just wanting to point out the jump we'd be making and the commitment "I think" it would take to be sucessful. I would like to see us hit TOV as the armor drops there would go towards helping us hit harder places I'd suggest we master Seblis and Howling Stones Dragon Necrop and work on the keys to tougher places the keys are hard to get for a reason.

Just my two cents.

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:06 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

I think from time to time WoV has in fact Owned Sebilis :)

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:31 pm 
Officer

Including Trakanon? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:32 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

i think we need to look at what we have become as a guild, when i joined wayfarers we needed 2 groups to kill one hill giant and it took 4 hrs to get to the outside of the arena in kael,we have come a long way from then and we will someday say " i cant belive it took 3 days and we couldnt get to island 7 in poa " we will get to the upper end zones someday soon,wov is doing things now that a year ago seemed imposable.
the lvl 30 s are now 40 s ,the 40 s are now 50 s the 50 s are 60 s ,just think what we can do next year , i am so impressed with wov :grin: :grin: :grin:

Snowdark lvl 90 Dark Elf SK / 103 park circle , Elm woods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:35 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
I'm impressed too, Snow, and the best part of it all is - we've done it together and remained friends. There's lots of guilds who have got there quicker, been more "uber," whatever - but we have taken it slow and steady, and now we're seeing the payoff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:41 pm 
Officer

By all means I agree snow, believe me I'm not trying to take anything away from the accomplishments of the guild. Just making sure we know what the next step involves so we can decide what we would like to do next and if we are ready to do it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:34 am 
Friend of WoV

Dorann & Snow have brought up some very good points. This is another turning point in the evolution of WoV. The zones we are gonna try to go to are going to require Commitment,Dedication, & Discipline. Even tho WoV possesses the power to do some of these events,we in our casual family type playing style often dont get too excited about doing events sometimes. I've even heard that some feel imtimidated by the fact that others want to play this high energy event style(on a consistant basis). They think it will divide the guild because others who dont embrace this play style will feel like they are "left Behind/Left Out" or that the high end players will "Look" down on them. I say that this is horse pucky. We have a "Big Tent" policy in WoV and there should be more than plenty of room for all types of playin styles. But what some of us need to start deciding is who all is willing to put in the Time, Dedication and so forth to do these types of events. Because events like HoT, DN,Ssra,et. require "farming" the area in order to get the nice drops in that zone, meaning that we may have to be there for "awhile" in order to get the stuff that we want from there. If so and if we have enough like-minded peeps then we need to start forming a "colalition" of sorts in order to do these areas of increased difficulty & rewards.