[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Grigor Rojha -- Magician 1.5 fight.

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:01 pm 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Magelo: 0
I haven't posted any desired date on the fight against Grigor Rojha, but I wanted to get everyone familiar with what we're dealing with. I understand that people may be making the push to reach 75 ASAP, so I'm taking that into consideration as well.

Grigor is the next step in my epic 1.5 progress, and I believe we will be able to take him with our WoV force if we have a good turnout.

Grigor is right by the Ssra zone line in The Deep.

The way to get to him:

Having yours truly, the Pipester, run across The Deep & past Grigor to the Ssra zone in, CotH people across Ssra, then zone back into The Deep.

As soon as we zone in, 3 Thought Horror Elders aggro, which we dispatch of before Grigor.

Anyways, lets get to the real deal.. from what I've read:
Edit: Forgot to mention that both spells associated with Grigor are interruptable by air pets,stuns, etc.
-Casts AoE Nova Inferno every 30 seconds at most (2000pt DD)
-Casts a PB AE Fiery Assault, 500pt DD and stun
-Hits for around 1000 max <-- Not 100% sure on that.... read on Alla () that a Pally only took a few 255 shots before Grigor Dropped

I think that if we pulled together and tried it that we would have no problem dealing with it. *On the various boards i've read, Grigor has been duo'd and trio'd before..*

More info on him, incase you are interested found here:

I'm open to comments and concerns, so please feel free to post your opinions. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:37 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:56 am 

I know I am new to the guild but I do have a 70 mage and I have completed this part in the 1.5. I am still waiting for him to be transferred over, but its offical. Here are my thoughts on this fight. It was so much harder getting everyone to this fight than it was actually killing this boss. Secondly, he is invised and can confuse trackers who are all so helpful. I had about 3 groups helping with this. I did bring at least 3 healers and that seemed to be efficent. He used his Nova about twice during the fight, but between mage pets, paladins, and tanks we kept stun on his as much as possible.
I will be more than willing to help with this anytime.

Aquais (70 mage) / Ariaus (66 bard)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:29 am 
Wayfarer Herald

Darc will make every attempt to bet here pipe once she finds out when the Lord and sony willing

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:24 am 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:29 am 
Officer

If nothing seems to be going your way, choose another direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:31 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Location: You dont wanna know...for that matter...I dont wanna know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:53 pm 
Officer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:30 pm 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:23 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:23 am 
Epic 1.0 Coordinator

With the strategies I've read, you get your force to head to Ssra through the Grey and have them wait there while you make the death run across the deep, right past the THO and Grigor. You zone into Ssra and do the CoH immediately upon zoning in. Then, once you get everyone, just zone back into the Deep, kill the three mobs that aggro, then beat up Grigor.

I'm pretty much going along the 1.5 in order. I couldn't find a checklist to post here, but I'll try to make one:

[x] Receive Tattered Note from Bantil
[x] Loot Danvi's Corpse for Journal of Magus Tvish
[x] Meet Lost Tomekeeper, receive Tome of Primal Fires
[x] Pick up Book of Bindings and Incantations from Howling Stones
[ ] Loot Codex of Ice and Ether from Grigor Rohja in The Deep
[ ] Kill Akksstaff's Minion in Najena, receive Sentience of Elements
[ ] Kill Elemental Essence of Air in Noble's Causeway
[ ] Loot 4 Ice Burrower Meats from WW, hand them to High Priest Margle in CS
[ ] Kill Tiknonmanin, loot Elemental Essence of Water
[ ] Receive Note from Gnapp Guinders in Plane of Tactics
[ ] Kill a Diaku Warrior and loot a Diaku forged maul in Plane of Tactics
[ ] Give maul and note to Bor Warhammer in PoTranquility. Receive Reinforced Flask
[X] Loot Hydrolyzed Ether off Frogs in PoStorms
[ ] Loot Heavy Water from Corrupted Turepta in Ferubi
[X] Loot Metallic Liquid off crystalline monsters in PoValor
[ ] Combine the Heavy Water, Hydrolyzed Ether, Metallic Liquid, and the Reinforced Flask in a Brew Barrel. Take Corrosive Solution back to Gnapp.
[ ] Kill Elemental Essence of Fire after saying "Ready" to Gnapp.
[ ] Kill Elemental Essence of Earth on top of the giant spire in Mons Letalis.

Last edited by Pipe on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:48 am 

I am going to borrow your "list" to show you what I have done. Give you and idea of where to go to.

[x] Receive Tattered Note from Bantil
[x] Loot Danvi's Corpse for Journal of Magus Tvish
[x] Meet Lost Tomekeeper, receive Tome of Primal Fires
[x] Pick up Book of Bindings and Incantations from Howling Stones
[X] Loot Codex of Ice and Ether from Grigor Rohja in The Deep
[ ] Kill Akksstaff's Minion in Najena, receive Sentience of Elements
[ ] Kill Elemental Essence of Air in Noble's Causeway
[X ] Loot 4 Ice Burrower Meats from WW, *I need to them in* hand them to High Priest Margle in CS
[ ] Kill Tiknonmanin, loot Elemental Essence of Water
[ ] Receive Note from Gnapp Guinders in Plane of Tactics
[X ] Kill a Diaku Warrior and loot a Diaku forged maul in Plane of Tactics
[] Give maul and note to Bor Warhammer in PoTranquility. Receive Reinforced Flask
[X] Loot Hydrolyzed Ether off Frogs in PoStorms
[X] Loot Heavy Water from Corrupted Turepta in Ferubi
[X ] Loot Metallic Liquid off crystalline monsters in PoValor
[ ] Combine the Heavy Water, Hydrolyzed Ether, Metallic Liquid, and the Reinforced Flask in a Brew Barrel. Take Corrosive Solution back to Gnapp.
[ ] Kill Elemental Essence of Fire after saying "Ready" to Gnapp.
[ ] Kill Elemental Essence of Earth on top of the giant spire in Mons Letalis.

` I have checked again tonight. They still haven't moved over my mage, but I am willing to be of any help that I can be. Just let me know.
Oh, I believe I have an extra Diaku Forged Maul if you are interested.
Aquais (70mage) / Ariaus (66 bard)