[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Dragon Hunter Raid to Kael Drakkal

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:25 am 

will be working :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:34 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

Surphat (DH) Paladin of 52 Seasons
Surfeedar Monk of 55 Seasons
Surhinlain Shaman of 62 seasons
Srailkat Rogue of the 52 Seasons
Sursadan Cleric of 57 Seasons
Surailadan Ench of 56 Seasons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:39 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

its friday night ....

and the mood is right ...

now the week is done....

come and have some fun ...

TGIF

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:09 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

As anyone knows, it's very unlike me to miss a chance to go to Kael. However, we have family in town and I'm gonna have to sit this one out. Good luck ya'll :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:23 pm 
Former Guild Leader / Elder

Magelo: 500172
This was a fine beginning, Drex. Even better, it was a lot of fun. Thanks for setting this up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:08 pm 
Sky Captain / Officer

Magelo: 0
Thanks to everyone for coming. We had 13 dragon hunters there, and rules the place from entry to the arena. I took some screenshots, but for some reason they aren't being seen as "valid" images by my software...

Our crowning moment was taking down one of the 57th level guys from the arena. That's 2 levels above Naggy and Vox, but I don't wanna be cocky. Still, was a GREAT job by everyone. Thanks to Sarthini for pulling from the point and to Sralkat for stepping up to loot.

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:41 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I think we all did a great job 8) A few points about strategy I'd like to make. These are a matter of my own opinion and meant to open discussion btw; First, the general rule on raids should be No ROOT. These mobs aren't that difficult so it wasn't really an issue but the idea behind having an MT is there is ONLY one person to heal. If a mob gets rooted all the sudden you have to heal every melee there. Second, we encountered our first Enraging mobs. Now, I'm new to playing a melee myself so would like some feedback here but I think the idea is, when a mob enrages two things should happen; hopefully all melee but the MT is behind or to the sides of the mob, second that you turn attack off. The riposte damage you take during enrage is HUGE. Again, I could be wrong or missing some detail on this so someone please post on Enrage. Lastly, I think it's a good habit to get into of having the MT call for assist when he feels he has sufficient aggro and I think we did a great job there. Thanks to Sengin btw for fullfing the role of MT. Nice raid Drex, I'm looking forward to more of these DH hunts.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:45 am 

I didn't know that you were supposed to turn off attack during enrage. Of course there's no reason I should have known since I don't have any melee chars, but it's still interesting and valuable to know.

Isn't it great that we're all still learning and having fun while we're at it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:04 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

first i would like to post that i did have alot of fun and it was a great event

as for the enraged .. yes any hit that is done will cause him to hit back so you would need to turn off melee at that point... im not sure if you need to be behind him for anything other than his aoe/rampages/.. then again i may be wrong

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:14 pm 
Friend of WoV

Okies...on the Enrage...

ALL PERSONS attacking the mob, it doesn't matter from which direction, should turn OFF attack as soon as the mob enrages. If you watch carefully, if there are pets in the group or raid, ALOT of times you will see pets smacked down BAD by the mobs when they do Enrage. MOST of the time, IF your MT is good enough, only the MT should turn off attack. The MT should still be taunting continually and it has been my experience that when I mob Big Vae is engaged with enrages, most of the time pets are the only ones that die.

HOWEVER comma, it is just plain GOOD sense to turn off attack EVERYTIME a mob enrages...there is NO feeling like being in tells or trying to watch what someone is saying in guild, not paying attention to the mob too much, at 100% health cus the Cleric just CH'd you and your back to your 8k buffed full health, when all of a sudden you glance up at your health bar and it is almost gone in the space of about 4 secs as the mob you were fighting Enraged and you missed turning off your attack.

Hope that answers any questions...if not, just lemme know and I can try to clarify anything.

And I agree with Dure that Root has NO place in a Raid unless for some unknown reason you have no chanters/bards to mez adds. Then by all means, ONE person should be designated at the start to Root any adds. But on the other hand, I have also found it VERY handy to just let the pet classes know in advance that if there is an add, then pets can offtank the add and all others assist the MT.

As for the MTt calling Assist...I have mixed feelings about this myself. At one time, I noticed that alot of Tanks would call for assist. I myself have NEVER done this and never will. I have grouped with enough of you on raids and in groups that I trust each and everyone of you to KNOW when you should attack. I know that once I engage a mob, all I need to do is to click a hotkey and call for an assist, but to me, IMHO, me calling for an assist is like saying "Okay...it is safe to attack now" and that feels to me like I am telling you how to play your character. ALL OF YOU know your characters better than I do. We have ALL fought in groups and in raids together and you KNOW what your spells will and will not do. I Don't. I trust in my casters' judgement to know when they should start casting their spells. If they get sloppy and are casting them too soon and dragging agro OFF me, so be it...if they get beat up some or alot and the Cleric has to keep healing them all the time instead of me, maybe they will learn.

When you boil it all down, we all learn things everyday. I always try and tell myself that if I don't learn something new everyday, then my day was a waste. When you are grouping with Guildies is the BEST time to try new things. Hey! If everyone dies, so what? Your with friends and you just learned it 'can't be done that way, so let's try it another'. How else are you going to find out what can or cannot be done?

Finally, whether your in a group or a raid, there is only ONE key to success...TEAMWORK. If everyone is working together, then almost ANYTHING can be overcome :) Look at that night in the Hole for Wilywu's Epic. There were 11 of us on that Raid, when we got popped on BAD. People died, but the 5 that were left standing kept their heads aobut them, kept the Cleric alive and avoided a big time bad CR. Do what you FEEL is the right thing to do if things go bad. If it works, cool. If it didn't, chalk it up as a learning experience and try something different the next time.

I have probably rambled on enough, but there are just some things that I feel strongly about and have vented on a couple of them :)

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:25 pm 

I have always agreed with Vae's point on the calling for assist. To me it's a crutch that we shouldn't need to use. I know when I can attack a mob and not get agro. By the time you are raiding, you should too :)

70 Bard, at your service
Elder, Wayfarer of Veeshan

Also, , , Irodanise (52 Pal), Irodanes (31 Rog), Iroardanis (19 BL), Sinadori (25 SK), Dreminal (32 Dru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:31 pm 
Friend of WoV

Vae has made some good points and taught me a thing about the enraged that I did not know. As for the assist calling I TOTALLY agree. In an old guild I was a member of there were one or two that yelled every time one of the others attacked without it being called. If as a monk I attack early and get aggro and die, well, it's my dumb fault. If as a nuker I nuke too soon and get aggro and die, well, it's my dumb fault. This game is a learning process, and I for one hope I never quit learning :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:40 am 
Sky Captain / Officer

I will disagree just slightly with what was said by Vae and Iro...As raid leader, I found it *extremely* useful to have an SoP for every battle that went:

1) Monk Pulls
2) Warrior Engages
3) Monk FDs
4) Warrior gets Aggro
5) Warrior calls for assist
6) Mob dies quickly because he was concentrating on the warrior

It's all well and good to say we all SHOULD know when to begin casting, but my feeling is we all have a slightly different opinion on that. We stuck to the "call for assist" recipe and aside from one or two cases where DoTs built up too quickly, we never had the MT lose aggro. It seemed to work, and just because it's "by the book" doesn't mean it's a bad way to play.

This isn't dissimilar to the USA basketball team. They all "know how to play" and are all "experts in how they themselves play", but as a TEAM they forgot the BASICS. Other teams spent months JUST concentrating on the basics of TEAMWORK and stuck to very "by the book" ways to play basketball and made the USA look pathetic.

Similarly, I think there's nothing wrong with keeping a strong sense of order in the fights and doing things the old fashioned way, rather than letting a dozen or two "experts" (which most of us are, after years of playing our characters) play their own style and possibly causing issues.

Drex

Dralia, 36th Erudite Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:14 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:44 am 
Officer