[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wayfarers of Veeshan • View topic - Quest for the Arx

Wayfarers of Veeshan

An Everquest Guild on Luclin
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quest for the Arx
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:44 am 
Officer

Heyas all,

This past Saturday I got my and was looking for some help getting the . This is when I discovered that many of us have been stuck at the second earring for a long time because of the task required for the third earring. I was hoping to start a series of expeditions into Sanctus Seru to start killing the needed mobs for the Runed, and hopefully get lucky enough to find the mobs for the 4th earring up too.

So what does the task require?

Runed Earring:

Killing lvl 60 mobs (the Lichtor of the Heart, Custom Armorum, Signiferi of the Hand, and Vigilum Cohortis) and looking for the different parts of the Consilium Report. There are 4 different parts, and thus there are four different honor guards in the corners of the guild section of the city. These mobs all summon, and are difficult to pull without adds, so mezzers are a nice plus. Yes, these can be killed nowadays with a single good group, but two groups or more would be ideal (see the Signet Earring info below). Nukeage is also a great plus. In a single rotation in any of the 4 camps we will need to complete the quest, there will be about 11-14 of one of the mob types that we're looking for, each on a 24-30 minute spawn timer. Drop rates are about 1:35 to 1:60 depending on the piece of the report we'll be looking for.

Turning in all 4 parts with the Etched Earring will yield the Runed Earring.

If we get lucky, the guild masters of each hall will be up. These guys are all non-casters, but hit fairly hard. When they are up, there are no safe spots in the pulling area because of their aggro range. They are on a three day-seven day timer. These will take at least two groups to take down. They each drop a shard for the Arx Key to Lord Seru, which many of us are hoping to get a chance to meet and kill in person. Turning in all 4 shards and the Runed Earring yields the 4th earring and the Arx Key needed to enter Lord Seru's temple.

Risks involved (WARNING):

1) Participating in these raids will cost you all of your faction in Sanctus Seru. Killing about 15 honor guards costs you your faction in the guild hall. Killing a guildmaster is an instant faction depleter. I pretty much have destroyed mine already, and am much more into helping Katta, but some may prefer not to touch their faction.

2) You can invis to the places needed, which is important if we all become KoS. Evil races are already KoS in Sanctus. We should have a non-KoS alt be there to help with corpse runs in case we wipe though.

---
I don't have an exact date to do it yet. I was thinking about setting this up for tonight though around 6PDT, if possible, because the guild masters will pop with the server. Still, we would be competing with others who are after these elusive guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:22 pm 

Magelo: 0
Yeah, I've got my 2nd. =)
I'll be there if at all possible. My faction is already on the way down in Seru, so I have no problem with those folks going down over and over and over and over again so we can get reports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:36 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I have the second also and would love to get back into this quest. There are tons of moving mobs in this zone and that makes it difficult to find a spot to kill. I've often 'heard' raids going on there but never had much luck finding them to watch the strategy. There must be a particular room in the guild hall that is favored.

Tonight is doubtful for me but I'd be willing to go there anytime. I'm sure we will need many return trips for all that are interested in this quest.

"I may not know the way but if you follow me, together we will find it." ~me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:27 pm 
Wayfarer Herald

Magelo: 0
Darcasterr does not have any of the rings and I doubt she ever will but since she has been KoS in SSeru since the day of her birth and it has even gotten worse since she collected her shard there for VT.

This being said, she will be willing to help in any way she can in the Wayfs quest in SSeru.

I see no problem with having Rheniium help with any CRs as she is a kitty Berzerker who has only been in SSeru once and that was to go to the bank :)

Nytjade if needed [ actually belongs to Nytrix ](inactive account)( Darhen (56 enight 55 Warrior
Darkrezz 5362 Cleric
Doc rhenn 74 Cleric
Rhenyt 24 monk
Rhenn66 Wizard
Fendelyn 51-warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:34 pm 
Officer

If you want the other two earrings, it's relatively easy. You'll need to invis, but otherwise it should be doable even by someone who is KoS. The faction needed for the turn ins is the Magus Concilium faction from Katta I think. The only issue is that you'll need to do the turn in in Sanctus (but this can be done while invised so it shouldn't be difficult at all). The first two earring steps can be done (considering you don't have my zoning issues) in a total of about 10 minutes. And yes, you can do them as much as you want, so technically the entire guild could literally get the needed first two earrings in ten minutes as long as the quest NPCs are up. If they aren't, you can buy some things from the Sanctus vendors and do two turn ins to get the guy to spawn in Netherbain (he's usually the annoying one, as the other NPCs are regularly up in Sanctus).

Last edited by Orionpax on Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:36 pm 
Officer

Oh, I'm getting the feeling that I probably won't be able to do it tonight afterall. But it's sounding like there is some interest in this, which leads me to suggest to try doing it this weekend. I'm thinking around 12 noon pdt (2 central) this Saturday, as an official event, but anytime we're all online and are willing I say we head down there. Is everyone ok with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:28 pm 
Officer

We were hoping to arrange this for tomorrow at 2pm cst. I think I now have to go to lunch with my family, so if someone (Durezil) can set this up at that time that would be great and I'll head in there as soon as I get back. If not, I'll try to arange a pick up when I get in.

One way or another, I'd really like to see this happen. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:09 am 

I should be on during this time, and if you need my help i will be there for the event

Wilywu
46 Wood Elf Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:39 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

i may or may not be avaible due to the storm conditions and retoration efforts.. there are about 850,000 out in the service area of 3 million

President of the Allegretta Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:29 am 
Wayfarer of Veeshan

I won't be on until around 3 cst today, but if there's interest I'll be willing to lead an expedition there.

Success is dependant upon managing the adds. The first step to this is finding a safe spot to pull to. There is a VERY high ration of wandering mobs here, so you need to start out in your favor. I think I found a decent spot last night behind the bookshelves on the second floor. I was able to safely single pull there for about 6-7 kills before falling off the balcony and aggroing nearly the entire first floor.

I'm confident we will learn quickly though. I can't wait to see some of us progress through this quest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:22 pm 
Friend of WoV

"SUCCESS isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire"
-Arnold Glasgow
'What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
-Dr Robert Schuller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:59 pm 
Officer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:58 pm 
Wayfarer of Veeshan